Flinn & Maguire Funeral Home started as Flinn & Henderson Funeral Home way back in 1913. It was run by Austin Flinn. The funeral Home was located in downtown Franklin. In 1928 Mr. Flinn took on a Franklin College apprentice named Walker "Mack" Maguire. This began a long standing partnership between the two men. Mack Maguire became an official partner in the firm in 1952. It was then that the name changed from Flinn & Henderson Funeral Home to Flinn & Maguire Funeral Home.
Mr. Maguire became sole owner of the business after the death of Austin Flinn in 1955. Mack Maguire continued to run the funeral home with the help of his son Jerry Maguire starting in the late 1960's. After the retirement of Mack Maguire in 1978, Jerry Maguire became the sole owner of the firm. A new structure and site on U.S. 31 North was built in 1979 where the funeral home remains today. Jerry Maguire continues to run the firm with the help of his son Austin Maguire. The firm is now in it's 3rd generation of family ownership.